Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Worlds of Fun: The Haunt

I visited Worlds of Fun on Saturday evening for the haunt. It was my 2nd time visiting for the haunt and I was impressed again.

Here are my reviews of the 3 scare zones I went through:

Outlaws Revenge
Rating: 7/10
I went there right away because the cowboys are often funny and never seem to target me. I'm easily scared, so we all huddled in my group and were trying to make a plan for the night. They didn't come near us once except to say, "You have to move along. No standing around please." But if they had, it would have been creepy and funny because they would have slid and scraped the ground near our feet. I think if we had embarked further into this haunt zone***, we would have had more fun, but it was busy and we were just one group of people they didn't target out of SO many.

London Terror
9/10
It was silly at the beginning. The people had fake brittish accents that I enjoyed, and some were just delirious, not scary. But I did get suprised many times by loud noises and people popping out from behind corners and out of fog. That is why I gave it the 9 rating! It was scary! My adrenaline had a lot of peaks. Near the end was where the werewolves appeared. They were the scariest thing I'd seen all night. I looked away because, as I said earlier, I am easily scared. I enjoyed this one, and had gone the year before. It was better this year and I liked it alot.

Fright Zone
8.5/10
It begins near the Boomerang and you walk through thick fog and you can see them appear right before they scare you. Its quite fun but very scary! I saw so many different characters, it was a hoot. I loved it! It was unpredictable which made it all the better. You didn't know WHAT was going to come out of the fog, except you knew SOMETHING was going to.

Overall Rating: 8 
Why I rated the 8 overall for the haunt:
-It was spooky, scary and unpredictable.
-The effects weren't cheesy. The fog, costumes, masks, props and buildings were realistic. It felt real.
-It was fun! The lines weren't so bad, and you didn't have to wait in lines to be scared. The multiple zones, of which only 2 I visited, are always there if you don't like the lines.

***
haunt zone - a spot in WOF where there are no lines or walls. Its just a specific area of the park set aside for a theme. you walk through it on your way around the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment